- My project “Distributed Systems Development with Multitier Reactive Programming” financed by DFG with 200k EUR.
- A. Margara, G. Salvaneschi, Consistency Types for Safe and Efficient Distributed Programming, accepted at FTFJP 2017.
- “G. Salvaneschi, S. Proksch, S. Amann, S. Nadi, M. Mezini, On the Positive Effect of Reactive Programming on Software Comprehension: An Empirical Study” accepted at IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering.
- My Project ”Reactive Design for Object-Oriented Programming” financed by DFG with 240k EUR.
- Project C02 “Event-Based Communication in Programmable Networks” has been accepted in the context of the MAKI Collaborative Research Centre.
- In October 2016 I will be at the Dagstuhl Seminar “Programming Language Techniques for Incremental and Reactive Computing”.
- “Guido Salvaneschi, Mira Mezini, Debugging for Reactive Programming” accepted at ICSE 2016 (research paper and poster).
- ”Yizhou Zhang, Guido Salvaneschi, Quinn Beightol, Barbara Liskov, and Andrew C. Myers, ”Accepting Blame for Safe Tunneled Exceptions”, accepted at PLDI 2016
I’m an assistant professor at TU Darmstadt, where I’m leading the Reactive Software Systems group.
- Programming languages and software engineering.
- Reactive applications, event processing, functional reactive programming.
- Self-adaptive software, autonomic computing.
- “Distributed Systems Development with Multitier Reactive Programming”, DFG Individual Research Program.
- Reactive Design for Object-Oriented Programming”, DFG Individual Research Program.
- “Event-Based Communication in Programmable Networks”, DFG SFB, Subproject C02 in the MAKI collaborative project (Sonderforschungsbereich 1053, MAKI – Multi-Mechanismen-Adaption für das künftige Internet).
PROGRAMMING’18 (Program Chair)
ICSME-NIER 2017 (PC)
SCALA Symposium (PC)
SPLASH’17 Workshops (PC)
SPLASH’17 Doctoral Symposium (PC)
Co-organizing the REBLS workshop series at Splash: REBSL’16,’15,’14, REM’13. Co-organizing the COP’16 workshop. I served in the program committee of MODULARITY’16 and ’14, LASSY’15, CROW’16, Scala Symposium 2015, DEBS’15 posters & demo, COP’15, FOAL’14.
Reviewer for journals: IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology, Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software, Elsevier Information and Software Technology, LNCS Transactions on Aspect-Oriented Software Development.
I got my PhD from Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione at Politecnico di Milano, under the supervision of Prof. Carlo Ghezzi. My doctoral dissertation focuses on context-oriented programming and language-level techniques for adaptive software.Visiting Ph.D. student, Fall 2011, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, Supervisor: Prof. Barbara Liskov. Visiting Ph.D. student, Spring 2011, Technical University of Darmstadt, Computer Engineering Department, Supervisor: Prof. Mira Mezini.